Jyotish Immersion Retreat
Ojai, Ca – June 7-9
Jyotish & Vedic Sciences Immersion Retreat
Integrating Astrology, Ayurveda, Yoga, Remedies and Spiritual practices – with Sam Geppi & Mas Vidal
When: June 7th – 9th
Where: Ojai, Ca
- Limited availability to 15 persons
- Late arrivals not permitted
- Organic Vegetarian Meals
Special note: Basic understanding of Jyotish is required (planets signs, houses), basic definitions of terms will not be provided in order to maintain the integrity of the teachings. If you do not have knowledge of these teachings you are still more than welcome to attend.
All fees include all class time and 2 organic, vegan meals (lunch and dinner).
Resident options also include Pre and post daily meals and activities, described below.
1. Non-resident option – You make your own lodging arrangements.
*Note: There are many easy hotel options in Ojai and AirBnb, etc.
$429 (Class time + 2 organic vegetarian meals, pool, jacuzzi, steam, etc)
Note: You should consider booking your stay for three nights beginning on Thursday, June 6th for participation early Friday morning of the 7th. Late arrivals are not permitted.
2. Resident option in Ojai with a shared room / bed
$730 (Class time + 3 organic vegetarian meals, morning / evening sadhana ritual)
3. Resident option in Ojai in outdoor Tea house – SOLD OUT
$684 (Class time + 3 organic vegetarian meals, morning/evening sadhana ritual)
Daily Schedule (Friday – Sunday):
Resident Retreat Starts – Early Each Day
~ 7 – 8am Yogic sadhana (Aarti and Vedantic mantra, meditation, and pranayama)
~ 8 –8:45am Breakfast
>>> Non-resident RETREAT Starts
~ 9am – 12pm Astrology Class (Sam & Mas)
~ 12pm – 3pm Lunch and free time, pool, jacuzzi, Ayurvedic treatments or hiking.
~ 3 – 6pm Integrating Astrological Remedies as per Vedic wisdom (Sam & Mas)
~ 6:30 – 7:30pm Dinner
Non-resident RETREAT Ends <<<
~ 8pm – Rest and retire for evening *(Saturday evening kirtan 8-9:30pm)
More Specifics and Course Overview
All classes will be co-taught with Sam and Mas.
The morning session will be led by Sam.
The afternoon session will be led by Mas.
More Specifics and Daily Overview:
You will learn:
- Astronomy, cosmology, seasons and Planets.
- Understanding rhythms of nature in ayurveda
- Practices and sadhana to align with seasons and planets.
- Vedic, scriptural basis for these things
You will learn:
- Seeing the spiritual / healing potential in the chart
- Balancing elements, doshas
- Ascendant, moon and sensitive points for healing
- Planets, signs and houses and how they integrate toward deeper healing.
You will learn:
- How to see the chart come to life and what to recommend
- How Dasha cycles affect the doshas and practices
- How the transits affect the doshas and practices
- Many case studies from students in attendance and in general
Resource Lists and Overview
We also have an extensive resource lists and outlines for you to structure the weekend and take with you.
(Day1) Consciousness in the Cosmic Matrix
- Timing Factors (both Cosmic and Earthbound) and their affects on illness and healing (Yugas, Seasons, biological ages, etc.)
- Planets and Cosmos – as cosmic and earthbound forces. Non-dual to dual – Shavism, Vaishnavism, Maya, Karma, etc.
(Day 2) The Incarnated Spirit
- Planets and their tendencies for illness and healing.
- The 12 Ascending Signs – their tendencies for healing, self-harm and illness.
- Houses and their tendencies for illness and healing.
- Nakshatras and their tendencies for illness and healing. (Special , Important Nakshtra traits that lead to illness and healing).
(Day 3) Timing of Karma – Healing the Illness and the Soul’s Growth
- Timing Important timing factors that promote illness and healing – Dasas and Transits.
- Case studies to illustrate these concepts